Friday 11 October 2013

Interview with...Andrzej Szkandera

From the 18th-20th of October we welcome back the very gifted Andrzej Szkandera for his monthly Antigymnastiqe Workshops and one-to-one sessions. We thought this would be a great opportunity to get to know Andrzej, the first therapist to bring Antigymnastique to the UK, a little better!


Andrzej giving a group workshop in the Golborne Place studio


Andrzej, tell us how you came to work in the field of Antigymnastique.

One day I felt a big pain in my right hip, I couldn’t move, walk, or do anything! I took drugs for the pain that the doctors prescribed, for many days, but there was no solution to my problem, according to the doctors. I remember it happened in summer holidays, and my acupuncturist was away.  When he came back, he helped me a lot, but I still had difficulties and the pain in my right hip. 

I met up with my friend Ana PiƱero. I told her my hip story. I didn’t know she was a practitioner of Antigymnastique. By the way, a very good professional!  I began to take part in her Antigymnastique weekly sessions. In a really short time I noticed changes to my whole body, especially my hip. It was fantastic. I felt better and better, and here I am, safe and sound.


What's the most valuable lesson you've learned from Antigymnastique?

There’re a few, I was surprised when I discovered how a very little movement of one part of the body can cause big changes in another part. I experienced it the first time I did an Antigymnastique session, and it still happens. Also, this lesson is transferable to our lives: little movements can cause big changes.


How do you relax?

Usually I practice Creative Relaxation by Dr. Eugenio Herrero. It's the best! It's great. And my favourite way to relax is by letting time go by to see and feel what happens around me. It's not only relaxing but also hypnotic and wonderful.


Who inspires you?  

People, human beings.  My friends, my students, my teachers, and people I meet every day in different situations.


If you could only take five things to a secret deserted island, what would they be?  

Without internet and electricity? Without my love? Alone in a secret deserted island? It's very exciting! The first – a sleeping bag, ha, ha. A compass and a good knife, they're very useful on a deserted island, ha, ha. A photo album with the pictures of the people I love. And two books: 'Treatise of Botany' and 'Rubaiyat', by Omar Khayyam. OK so that's six, yes, I know. And I'm not going with Easy Jet but with British Airways, ha, ha.


Andrzej, tell us something interesting about yourself that we don’t know?  

I don’t know…that's difficult…wait a moment…Maybe you don't know yet that I like stories, I love to listen to storytellers. Yes, it's wonderful world.

Thanks Andrzej!


Andrzej's one-to-one sessions and group workshops start on the 18th of October. To find out more and to book yourself in please contact Amy on 020 8969 8907 or email amy@golborneplace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment